Friday, March 12, 2010

HOT TOPIC: Polygamy in ISLAM: WHAT TO DO?

Assalamu Alaikum sis,

Many times, I would read or I would hear stories from sisters about their husbands and their wanting of another wife. Islam allows a man to take up to 4 wives. This is his right that AllahSWT have given to him. Many sisters have told me that they were in polygamous marriages before. I have read true stories also about this topic.

Many sisters find out that their husbands are engaged or married to another woman. My advice is to deal with it, or to divorce the brother. This is apart of submitting in Islam. We must understand that Islam is the only way of life that we must follow.

Shari'ah, or the Law of AllahSWT is what we follow. Marriage is a serious issue in Islam. I also have heard great stories about sisters in a polygamous marriage. I know a sister told me recently that she is in a polygamous marriage. She doesn't have a problem with this. Masha'ALLAh. Its part of Islam.

ANY questions or comments? Just post, insha'ALLAH

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only accept polygamy under the specific conditions detailed in the Qur'an.

    The idea that a man can need more than one wife for sex and that this is one of the reasons that polygamy is allowed is idiotic. If all men with high sex drives had more than one wife, think of how many men would have NO WIFE. Polygamy should ONLY happen in cases where there are men missing. Like in times of war. Or if there is no war and a woman had a husband and he died(for example from health problems) and there's a person who wants her a second wife (as long as it's OK with the first) then I think it's fine.

    So overall, I don't think polygamy should be illegal or anything, but I think that it should happen under specific conditions and that it makes no sense outside the way Allah describes it in the Qur'an.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masha'ALLAH sister Candice, I feel the same as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice, it doesn't say that in the Quran,it only directs men to be fair or marry just one.Nowhere does it say the first wife has to agree, our Prophet's wives were not consulted and some were jealous.Your info is misleading, you cannot pick and choose or change things to make your own version of Islam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Sara,

    I know your comment is directed towards Candice, so I'm going to let that be.

    Its very important that Islam is not built upon personal opinions and beliefs, but upon what is written and perfected by ALLAH. Innovations is something very serious in Islam. I haven't posted anything about innovation, but it is something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe if a man wants to consult with his first wife about the next wife then thats his choice, but ultimately he doesn't have to tell her anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As salamu alaikum. I like your blog. Can you please checkout my webshow, Young Ummah TV @ facebook.com/youngummahtv
    twitter.com/youngummahtv
    youtube.com/user/youngummahtv

    Your support is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete