Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ALERT: WHAT IS ISLAM?

Assalamu Alaikum and peace and blessings be upon you,

I am up right now listening to Qur'an, so alhumdulilah I am calm and at ease.

I believe Islam is really beautiful and its a calm and peaceful place in a loud and angry world.

Islam derives from the word "salam" which means peace...Masha'ALLAH.

Islam is this way of life that gives clarity to everything.

I couldn't imagine myself going back to the way of life in which I felt was without structure.

Islam gives you a sense of peace and calmness.

It just reminds me of how I put on the scarf each and every day and know that its one of the hardest things to do....but I do it for the Creator. Its hard. When majority of the women around you don't wear it...its like "OH MY GOSH, WHAT AM I DOING?". Sometimes we must remember that Islam started as something strange and will return as something strange.

I love the fact that whenever you see a sister or brother its like "Assalamu Alaikum". Its nice to hear that. It brings a sense of unity throughout the Ummah.

I don't know what else to say. When your life isn't in the best condition or when you're going through alot....Islam always give you a place to go. We all go through tests, but its up to us to decide how to take it. We can give up and fail our tests or we can be strong and get through it with minor cuts and bruises.

I feel like posting a YOUTUBE lecture, so I will, insha'ALLAH!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. JazakAllah Khair, that video is great :D

    ReplyDelete