Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Where is your Iman?







Assalamu Alaikum,






At times, I used to find myself double-guessing my iman, or faith. I would see the fitna around me at school with the other girls and their way of dress. I would see the constant gossiping and would want to partake, but I would think to myself-I'm A MUSLIMA.






I would find myself easing up my sleeve a little bit, but would feel guilty because I know why I cover and conceal my beauty.






Maybe put on that hijab is sparkly here and there, but no...this isn't really hijab.






Maybe talk to the boys a little bit....no, this isn't very modest...especially if it has nothing to do with important things.






I find myself thinking things through alot now. I have people who may persuade me to dress more Western and to apply makeup to my face. These things are fine inside of the house.






Sometimes I would get Muslims wanting me to dress like everyone else or to do what everyone else does.






I just don't think so.






A sister once told me, "religion is serious". I think about this alot whenever I run into fitna because its true.






Its just a matter of who is willing to get tempted by the shaytan.






Trials and tribulations is a given because Allah is trying to test us. If we don't pass His tests then how do you expect a good result on the examination at the end?






Where is your iman? Where is your faith in Your Lord? Where are you going to be when the results come back?






Salam Alaikum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment